UK Steel champions and celebrates the UK steel industry. The UK steel industry is important, innovative, progressive and environmentally responsible — our services help to show this to the world.
- Contact Us
- Call us on0808 168 5874
Call us on0808 168 5874
We represent the sector’s interests to government and champion our innovative, vibrant and dynamic industry to the public.
The UK Steel Charter
A new initiative aimed at maximising the amount of UK produced steel used in UK construction and infrastructure projects.
UK Steel News
UK Steel comments on the reform of the UK’s trade remedies framework announced by the Secretary of State for Business and Trade
As the voice of the steel industry, we interface with government and parliament – in both London and Brussels – to influence policy so that it underpins, rather than undermines, the long term success of our sector.
UK Steel Publications
Here's how we help our Members succeed:
- Saving them time and money through the services that we provide
- Providing analyses and advice on European, UK and other legislative, statutory or trade developments that will affect their business
- Providing a well-informed forum for them to discuss, develop and influence UK and EU technical and environmental standards
- Influencing the UK and European economic, political and social environment to their benefit
- Providing aggregated market statistics, within the framework of competition rules, so that they can better judge their position in the market
- Channelling customer enquiries to them as they arise
- Providing twice yearly access to an expert steel-user industries demand forecasting group to help them plan
- Holding events (working groups, committees, conferences, parliamentary receptions) on important topics
- Helping them to exploit all the support to which they are entitled, e.g. BIS funding, for information and communications technology and competitiveness
- Promoting the steel industry to policy and opinion formers and the public to underline the importance of steel’s role in the economy